You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
- Types Of Information We Collect
- Use And Processing Of Information
- Sharing Of Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Information
- How Long We Retain Information
- Contact Information
Types Of Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety ways depending on how you interact with us and our various services and resources, including through our website and/or mobile application. The following provides examples of the types of information that we collect and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Information||Primary Purpose for Collection|
and Use of Information
|Prayer Walk or Other Information Requests||We collect your phone number and/or email when you sign up to prayer walk or request other information. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while visiting the EveryCampus.com website.||We have a legitimate interest in providing functionalities related to actions taken by our users.|
|Cookies and Third Party Tracking||We participate in behavior-based marking, this means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide information about products and services tailored to your interests on our website, or on other websites.||We have a legitimate interest in engaging in behavior-based marketing.|
|Interconnectivity||If you receive email or text messages from us we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our messages, or click on any links or banners they may contain.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Inquiries, Feedback, and Support||When you communicate with us, such as to provide feedback or comments, contact us for support, or to make a request or other inquiry, we will collect your name and contact information (such as email address or phone number), as well as any other information that you choose to provide us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues and providing you information in response to your requests and inquiries.|
|Geolocation Information||We collect your geolocation information (latitude and longitude) to track prayer walks.||We have a legitimate interest in tracking the locations of the ministries in the EveryCampus strategic alliance and where activities are taking place.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address.||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about EveryCampus Participating Ministries and their services and resources. Where required by law, we collect your consent to receive these communications.|
|Mobile Devices and other Device Information||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or using our mobile application.||We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Promotion of EveryCampus Participating Ministries||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with EveryCampus Participating Ministries.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Religious Information||As this is a Christian-based strategic alliance, your participation in EveryCampus.com inherently reveals information about your religious preferences.||You provided your consent to collecting information related to your religious preferences when you initially signed up for EveryCampus.com. EveryCampus.com also allows you to consent to sharing this information with EveryCampus Participating Ministries.|
|Stories||If you choose to share your experience with us, we collect your name, email address, and any other content you choose to provide as part of your story.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding ministry activities.|
|Website Interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into, our services or online forms.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer or device when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of is the most popular.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Use and Processing Of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information to:
- Identify you when you visit our websites or mobile application.
- Provide services or ministry.
- Improve our services, communications, and ministry.
- Streamline ministry processes.
- Conduct analytics.
- Research opportunities for further faith-based services and ministry.
- Organize events.
- Respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- Send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our services or ministry.
- Facilitate internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing Of Information
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- EveryCampus Participating Ministries. We may share information with EveryCampus Participating Ministries.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or other requests from legal or regulatory authorities, in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws or regulations. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. We may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers help us to administer and maintain our website and mobile application, send communications, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfillment of your requests. Any category of data described in the “Types of Information We Collect” section may be shared with a service provider if we decide such sharing is necessary.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send the prayer walk guide, newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
How We Protect Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
How Long We Retain Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at email@example.com. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Updated: April 11, 2023